[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Persistence Problem with Jboss 4.0.3, Hibernate

darretta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 7 16:03:16 EST 2007

I'm a persistence/EJB 3 newbie having difficulties initializing my EntityManagerFactory. The error I'm getting is the infamous "No Persistence provider for Entity Manager "....

Here is my setup:

* JBoss 4.0.3SP1

* PostgreSQL 8.2.4

* Hibernate persistence

* Deployed EAR:
vram.ear
  |   |
  |   -- vram-ejbs.jar
  |        |
  |        -- hibernate.properties
  |        -- META-INF/persistence.xml

* persistence.xml
<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence" version="1.0">
  |      <persistence-unit name="vramPu">
  |          <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  |          <jta-data-source>java:/nicweb/DataSource</jta-data-source>
  |      </persistence-unit>
  |       <properties>
  |          <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect"/>
  |          <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>
  |       </properties>
  | </persistence>

* hibernate.properties
hibernate.dialect org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class org.postgresql.Driver
hibernate.connection.url jdbc:postgresql://localhost/nicweb
hibernate.connection.username nicweb-admin
hibernate.connection.password nicweb-admin

* EJB Stateless Session Bean
@Stateless
  | public class MyClass implements MyClassRemote {
  |
  |     @PersistenceContext
  |     private EntityManager em;
  |
  |     @PersistenceUnit
  |     private EntityManagerFactor emf;

  |     /* Error thrown at this call... */
  |     emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("vramPu");
  |     em = emf.createEntityManager();

I think the Persistence API is able to locate the persistence.xml file, and the hibernate.properties is loaded (but not sure if needed).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4102685#4102685