[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: High-level information concerning the flow of a portal r

tulumvinh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 11:48:17 EST 2007

Hi Chris,

I am not interested in the gory details of the PortalServlet, I am more interested in the information at a higher level.  For example, I am interested in the flow of a request when I click on the "login" link.
The high-level overview will help me understand how to best customized the portal.

The specific questions about the "login" request flow are:

1.  the url for the login link is http://host/webapplicationcontext/auth/portal/default/default.  I know that /auth is mapped to the servlet descriptor of jboss-web-deployer and "/portal/default" is the portal name and its page.  What is the last "/default"?

2.  The login form action is "j_security_check".  When this request is sent to the server side and processed by PortalServlet, what happens after that?

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104686#4104686

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104686