[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Target Unreachable with two entity instances?

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 14 11:50:37 EST 2007

Hi, I have a page that contains two forms, one for search and one for save/update.  If I use a single entity instance for both forms, everything works well enough, but the search field is sync'd with the save/update field.  If I try to have two entity instances (one for the search form, one for the save/update form) I get a:

javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /lender.xhtml @22,71 value="#{searchLender.lenderCode}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'searchLender' resolved to null

LenderManagerAction:
	@In
  | 	private Lender searchLender;
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	private Lender lender;
  |
  | 	@In
  | 	private FacesMessages facesMessages;
  |
  | 	public String search()
  | 	{
  | 		Query query = entityManager.createNamedQuery(Lender.class.getSimpleName() + ".findByCode");
  | 		query.setParameter("lenderCode", searchLender.getLenderCode());
  | 		try {
  | 			lender = (Lender)query.getSingleResult();
  | 		} catch (NoResultException e) {
  | 			logger.info(e.getMessage());
  | 			facesMessages.add("Lender not found for code:  " + searchLender.getLenderCode());
  | 			return null;
  | 		}
  | 		return PAGE_LENDER;
  | 	}

lender.xhtml:

        <h:panelGrid columns="2" rowClasses="prop" columnClasses="name,value">
  |             <h:outputLabel for="searchLender">Lender Code</h:outputLabel>
  |             <h:inputText value="#{searchLender.lenderCode}" size="6"/>
  |         </h:panelGrid>
  |             <h:commandButton type="submit" value="Search" action="#{lenderManager.search}"/>

All I have to do to make this work is remove "searchLender" from the session bean, and point the search form to the common "lender" entity.  Is there a problem with having two instances of the same entity type?

Thanks,

Jon

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4104687#4104687

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4104687