[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - EAR structure: jndi.properties and logging
do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 25 04:01:53 EST 2007
Hi to all!
I would like to know how to package correctly a Java EE (EJB3) application. My EAR has 3 archives inside:
- WAR module (warmodule.war)
- EJB-JAR module (ejbmodule.jar)
- SWING application client module (swing-client.jar)
All of them perform logging and use a ServiceLocator to perform lookup of objects via JNDI. Since I deploy all of them as a unique package I would like to know how to construct the EAR archive correctly.
Two fundamental questions:
1) Where to put jndi.properties and log4j.properties? Am I able to put just one copy of them in the EAR archive and see them from other archives or do I need to put them in each package? At the moment it works just putting them in the swing-client.jar but I don't know why..(however I can't see any logging from the server side...is it really needed to change also jboss-log4j.xml in the Jboss server/conf directory?)
2) When I get the logger, do I need to import org.jboss.logging.Logger
or org.apache.log4j.Logger?? Which are the differences?
Any help is appreciated!! Thanks
View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107559#4107559
Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107559
More information about the jboss-user