[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Can we save custom variables in a ProcessDefinition

simonbaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 25 20:47:53 EST 2007

Is there any facility for saving custom data in a ProcessDefinition?

For example, I'd like to save the name or pathname of the processdefinition.xml file used to deploy the ProcessDefinition; also the name/path of the gpd.xml file.

For our particular use, which is to read the file at some later point, I have seen techniques for saving FileDefinitions to a ProcessDefinition, which really reads an input stream and saves all the data in the Hibernate JBPM database, as far as I can tell.

That is a possible solution, but sometimes just the gpd.xml file is changed without changing the processdefinition.xml file, and we'd like to deliver it just by copying it over the old one, rather than a special process to replace the FileDefinition involving a lot of code and a UI.  Then we can read the file as needed with normal Java file I/O if we can retrieve the name/path from the ProcessDefinition.

Is there some simple way to just store and retrieve a few strings in the ProcessDefinition?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4107628#4107628

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4107628