[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: WTP2.0.1, JBossAS-Tools-1.0.0.beta4 not publishing corre

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 8 15:41:20 EDT 2007

Ok - long thread, let me shorten it down.

No - we don't use renameTo(), we use copy. What we do in case of updates I'll need to check in code - or maybe even get rob to chime in.

And I've never bumped into these issues and I run both on Linux and Windows...maybe my machine is just too fast ...

The descriptor is not updated before the user actually updates it, but I can see how it might be relevant when doing a full update.

With respect to the deployer ignoring updates if a certain file is present that is something I always thought about doing but is it really an issue in day-to-day dev ?

I think you raise some valid issues, I'll point Rob to this thread; but I would also really like to have concrete examples of things actually failing because of these things (your missing files is not one of them as far as i can see - they might be a cause of something else which we definitly needs fixing)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4092729#4092729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4092729