[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: h:message for / s:decorate question

Holger Prause do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 10 13:50:35 EDT 2007

Well finally i found out how to(semi dirty workaround in my opinion)

Dont override the required message in your messages.properties
It will take effect for all your input fields where required is specified

When u got an internet application with just 1 form field thats maybe an solution

Instead specify the requiredMessage attribute on inputText tag

  | <h:inputText id="myInput"
  |     				 requiredMessage="#{messages['inputLabel']}: #{messages['javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED']}"
  |     				 value="#{TestBean.value}"
  |     				 required="true" />
  | <h:message for="myInput" />

Do the same for validation and converter messages, if your validator or converter outputs different message u got a problem becourse the decision what error message to output have to be made in the facelet via the
validatorMessage attribute.

anonymous wrote :
  | ...will be used as the text of the validator message, replacing any message that comes from the validator.

The problem on this approach is the you override the default messages coming from the pre defined validators.

Maybe its all working in your enviroment better.

Well anyway i like seam but i dont like jsf
Bye and thx,

Holger

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093643#4093643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093643