[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Random conversation id's

norman.richards@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 14 17:15:32 EDT 2007

I've always been worried about bookmarked URLs.  If you bookmark a URL with, for example, id=5, it's not very farfetched to think that at some point in the future when you use the link that you will have an existing conversation with an id 5 that you'd be stepping into.  If conversation IDs were large and unlikely to repeat, the risk of this would be reduced.  I could also see why someone might care about conversation id uniqueness for logging/monitoring purposes.

It would not be a bad idea at all if we used an id generator component that users could override (maybe with a timestamp or GUID-based id) if they so desired.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4095042#4095042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4095042