[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: OutOfMemory error:PermGen Space

rknechtel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 09:02:06 EDT 2007

I have had this problem in the past. I fixed it by addind a PermSize and MaxPermSize to my Java Opts in $JAVA_HOME/bin/run.conf

Also see the wiki reference for more information on this.
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=OutOfMemoryExceptionWhenRedeploying

<snip - from my run.conf>
# Added the PermSize and MaxPermSize to fix the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space error
# see: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=OutOfMemoryExceptionWhenRedeploying
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:NewSize=128m -XX:MaxNewSize=384m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xmx512m -Xms512m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC"

HTH.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081301#4081301

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081301