[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: setup jboss as server on LAN

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 11:26:56 EDT 2007

Yes, you can do this. I do it quite often.

When you deploy an application, first copy (or ftp) it to a temporary directory on the JBoss host system, and then move the application to the deploy directory. If you try to ftp or copy to the deploy directory directly, the hot deployer might attempt to deploy the application before the copy is complete, resulting in zip file errors.

I do not know how, or if, you can hook up JBoss AS with Eclipse in this scenario. What I usually do is have my Ant  or Maven script do the deploy, and I manually start and stop the app server. Also, I do not know if you can debug apps via Eclipse in this scenario.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083515#4083515

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083515