[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Cannot View Tomcat From External URL ?

woollybarr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 11:35:49 EDT 2007

Hope I get in here quick before anyone slams me for not reading the notes:
======================================
Configuration Issues
This lists the changes that could affect configuration.

    * JBossAS now binds its services to localhost (127.0.0.1) *by default*, instead of binding to all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This was primarily done for security reasons because of concerns of users going to production without having secured their servers properly. To enable remote access by binding JBoss services to a particular interface, simply run jboss with the -b option, but be aware you still need to secure you server properly.
So now i run with:
run -b0.0.0.0

...instead of just double clicking run.bat

And of course I'll worry about security at some point too.....

Cheers,

Phil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083523#4083523

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083523