[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: reasociating detached entities (non smpc)

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 17 05:51:01 EDT 2007

"cba2" wrote : What is the easiest way to manually re-associate all detached entities in my conversation with the new session of the current request? I tried to study the Seam source code but did not discover which trick Seam uses to achieve this so smoothly an transparent.

Seam supports the concept of a Seam-managed conversation-scoped persistence context, which is an extended persistence context whose lifetime is tied to the lifetime of a conversation.

If such a Seam-managed persistence context is used,  Entities don't get detached between requests but stay managed as long as the conversation (or application transaction) lasts.

See chapter  "Chapter 8. Seam and Object/Relational Mapping", section
"8.3. Seam-managed persistence contexts" of the reference manual for more information.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084947#4084947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084947