[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Security: Better support for single sign on?!

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 10:35:34 EDT 2007

"stephen.friedrich" wrote :

  | Proposal:  Here's a way to make integration into an SSO solution easier:
  | Add an attribute to identity that lets me specify a method that is used to try auto-login:
  |
  |   | 	<security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}" auto-login-method="#{authenticator.tryAutoLogin}"/>
  |   |

  | Like the authenticate-method the auto-login-method on successful login would set roles at identity and return true.
  | That would spare me from configuring a page action for all pages. It would prevent the spurious "Please login. Welcome." messages. Also I would not need to pass user data in a field from the checkLogin method to the authentiocate method like I did above.
  |
  | What do you think?

I like this suggestion most.  It's consistent with the JIRA issue I've mentioned earlier in the thread.  I wish they would add support for this - I still don't have a working solution / even using your approach posted earlier - sigh....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089729#4089729

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089729