[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - selectOneMenu with s:selectItems problem

paulaunderwood do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 28 17:15:18 EDT 2007

I am trying to edit a createuser form so that the areaID field is a drop down box populate with values from a table called Areas.  When the user is saved, I need to value(either 1, 2, 3 or 4 associated with a label) to be saved in the user table.

At this point, the drop down populates correctly, but when I create the user, a memory address is saved in the field for the areaID in the user table.

from createuser.xhtml
<h:outputLabel>areaID</h:outputLabel>
  | <h:selectOneMenu value="#{createuser.user.areaID}" id="areaID">
  |   <s:selectItems value="#{areas.resultList}" var="ar" label="#{ar.areaName}" hideNoSelection="true" noSelectionLabel="Please Select..."/>
  | <s:convertEntity />
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

from components.xml

  | <framework:entity-query name="areas" ejbql="select ar from Areas ar" />

the variables i am using are strings.

I've looked for and tried several different things, but so far, it either saves the memory address, null or the drop down doesnt populate.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4089875#4089875

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4089875