[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss is caching JSPs and not detecting changes

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 1 12:25:22 EDT 2008

Based on your file naming convention, I assume you are using Windows. Windows has some rather strange file locking issues. Here is what I think is happening. The last time you updated the JSP successfully, and JBossAS noticed that and updated it, for some reason Windows kept the file locked. Then when you made the update in Eclipse and deployed it, Windows noticed the file was still locked so it semi-deleted the old JSP, keeping it available for JBossAS, which still sees the old copy and not the new copy.  Not until you reboot JBossAS will Windows release the old JSP and fully delete it. Wierdnesses like this can be affected  by Windows updates, and possibly even Java updates.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4140619#4140619

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4140619