[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Jboss and log4j

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 20 10:30:45 EDT 2008

"roberto.k" wrote :

  | For a misterious reason, JBoss logging must be declared in jboss-log4j.xml (I don't understand why I can't use log4j.xml in my war, like any other AS in the world...)

Since you mention jboss-log4j.xml, i believe you are using JBoss-4.2.x. In which case, you can definitely use your own log4j.xml in the WAR.

"roberto.k" wrote :
  | Then, I removed log4j.xml form my ear/war and I moved appenders in jboss-log4j.xml. And... There is a problem... ONLY for my classes, a question mark appears in place of line number:
  |
  | [14:04:46,226 INFO] it.web.controller.security.Login.execute(?) - Inizio

I don't know how the %L option of log4j works. But i guess, for the line number of a java class to be outputted, you have to compile the class using the -g option. Have you tried that?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4145343#4145343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4145343