[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing s

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 06:34:40 EDT 2008

Looking deeper into the logs, it does appear that the bean was looked up correctly and the method invoked on the Proxy:

anonymous wrote : org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so
  | cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://127.0.0.1:3873/]
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.
  | java:532)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1634)
  | 	at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:548)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.InvokeRemoteInterceptor.invoke(InvokeRemoteInterceptor.java:62)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ClientTxPropagationInterceptor.java:6
  | 7)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.security.SecurityClientInterceptor.invoke(SecurityClientInterceptor.java:53)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invoke(IsLocalInterceptor.java:74)
  | 	at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemoteProxy.invoke(StatelessRemoteProxy.java:107)
  | 	at $Proxy0.login(Unknown Source)
  | 	at com.sbe.poolstock.servlet.LoginServlet.login(LoginServlet.java:143)

You mentioned that the client is on a Windows OS. What about the JBoss server where the EJB is deployed? Is it a Windows or Linux box?

On the JBoss server where the EJB is deployed, can you run the following command and post the output?

netstat -ab

You mentioned you start JBoss using:

anonymous wrote : I start the server with run.sh -b 0.0.0.0, and-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=

What's the value that you specify there for -Djava.rmi.server.hostname? I am not very familiar with the java.rmi.server.hostname param. Any specific reason for using that? And what happens when you dont use this java.rmi.server.hostname param? Are you able to invoke the EJB?

Finally, can you post the contents of your etc/hosts file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146104#4146104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146104