[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - jndi.properties and RMI

jagdeep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 13 19:33:39 EDT 2008

Hi All, I have two applications in JBoss app1 and app2 inside two configuration folders of the same name.
They have code to communicate using RMI (app1=server  app2=client). When I use try to define custom ports using the jndi.properties file, I get connection refused eeception for both. When I don't the client - server communicate nicely using the default settings.
My question was, what am I missing? do I need to define the jndiport somewhere other than jndi.properties too? What other properties can I define in this file. Right now, one of the props file looks like this:

java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
java.naming.provider.url=jnp\://localhost\:2999

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170451#4170451

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170451