[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Struts Code Generate not working as tutorial advertises

tdruttenberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 20 09:54:51 EDT 2008

I am using the nightly build of the Tools w/Eclipse 3.4 and am working my way through the Struts tutorial (v. 2.1.0.CR1).

I'm up to Chapter 3: Generating Stub Coding.  The tutorial says

anonymous wrote : * Right click a blank space in the diagrm and select Generate Java Code.
  | * Leave everything as is in the dialog box and click Generate.
  | You should see a screen that says :
etc. etc.

This operation is supposed to generate an Action class and a Form Bean class.  Instead here's what sort of works (but not completely).

Here's what does occurs:

Right clicking on a blank space drops down a menu with only

Add
Create comment...

However, selecting the Action (GetNameForm) and right-clicking does produce the Generate Java Code selection in the menu.  But I can't get it to produce the ActionFormBean.  Even when I select org.apache.struts.action.ActionFormBean in the Base Class field (of the Struts Action window) it seems to just produce an Action class and not an ActionFormBean.

I know I can type it all in manually, but since I'm such a java neophyte it would be really useful if this code generation worked as advertised.  Is this broken?  Or is the tutorial out of date?  Is there more up-to-date documentation on this tool?

TDR

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171507#4171507

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171507