[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - servlet: how to spawn all processors

Kees Jan Koster kjkoster at kjkoster.org
Wed Aug 20 07:40:37 EDT 2008

Dear John,

> I have an complex web app talking to other apps in other machines;
> running this web app in 2 cpus linux, every thing is normal, but
> running in 16 cpus with 8g system, it responds very slowly and only
> 1-2 cpus is busy (over 50% usages).

There is a fair chance that your application is not as thread-able as
you think it is. Do you do any manual synchronisation, or do you make
heavy use of libraries that do internal synchronisation?

Use JConsole to check that you are not exhausting the Tomcat connector
thread pools.

Also, check that you are running with the server VM. http://www.java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18

> The controller  servlet is like regular one, multi-threaded. I'm
> wondering if there is any thing I can do to have all cpus work for
> these threads created by the servlet.
>
> Thanks lost in advance

'lost'? I'm not sure what to think of that. :-)
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster at kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Partchett