[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Eviction node event queue warning

em161100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 21 09:27:45 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm working JBoss Cache 'Alegrias' 2.1.1.GA under Windows environment.
Problem : under heavy load, I start receiving the following warning messages :
WARNING: putNodeEvent(): eviction node event queue size is at 98% threshold value of capacity: 200000 Region: /objects/users You will need to reduce the wakeUpIntervalSeconds parameter.
Aug 21, 2008 3:54:32 PM org.jboss.cache.RegionImpl putNodeEvent

I'm working in local configuration and I tried to reduce wakeup time to 5 seconds and it didn't help. This is a snapshot of my configuration :

                  5
      	         org.jboss.cache.eviction.LRUPolicy

        <!--
        the tags max time should be fixed with an eviction method
      -->

                     10000
                     172800

        <!--
        the profiles will be evicted after 5 hours in the cache
      -->

		     30000
		      18000

I'm using sun JVM - V1.6.

What is the best method for solving this ? From reading in the forums I'm not sure that it is good to have a thread every 1 seconds cleaning the cache and I also feel like it might not solve the problem.

Any help will do.

Thanks,
Elad.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171771#4171771