[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: servlet: how to spawn all processors

john_woo@canada.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 21 09:31:40 EDT 2008

"kjkoster" wrote : "john_woo at canada.com" wrote : I did try the affinity setting (to 4 cpus for the app), but only 1-2 cpu busy. I guessed b/c all threads running in the same process from the main servlet.

  | There is a fair chance that your application is not as thread-able as you think it is. Do you do any manual synchronisation, or do you make heavy use of libraries that do internal synchronisation?
  |
  | Use JConsole to check that you are not exhausting the Tomcat connector thread pools (or other pools)
  |
  | Also, check that you are running with the server VM http://www.java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18.

Thanks lots for the info, kjkoster.

However, the -server or GC option didn't help. As metioned, running in multi-cores is very slow. and 1-2 cpus keep busy, which is not happened in 1-2 cores machine. The only thing I can think of is the JVM, RTSJ. or even 32/64 bits issue.

--
John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171772#4171772

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171772