[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Number of topic subscribers

noelo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 2 00:05:09 EST 2008

Hi Clebert,
Thanks for the info, however I forgot to mention that each subscriber will have a selector to only pull down messages that its interested in.
I know that selectors have a more substantial performance impact than subs with no selectors. Thanks for the tip on the openFiles.

I understand that all of this is based on app design and server tuning I was just concerned that the designers are treating the JMS subscribers as a kind of lightweight thread (for lack of a better description).
I'd rather move them into using a lot less JMS resources and having more application threads to process the messages.

thanks for your help
Noel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193643#4193643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193643