[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Decision Handler to result in default transition

jgemski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 12 13:29:46 EST 2008

We've run into a problem on upgrading from 3.1.4 to any version >= 3.2.3.

Our DecisionHandler.decide used to return a null, which indicated to the Decision code to use the default transition.

Upon upgrading, we're now getting:

org.jbpm.JbpmException: decision 'mid' selected non existing transition 'null'
    at org.jbpm.graph.node.Decision.execute(Decision.java:91)
    at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.enter(Node.java:318)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.javassist.JavassistLazyInitializer.invoke(JavassistLazyInitializer.java:197)
.
.
.

Looking at the code, it looks like this is no longer possible.

In Decision.java

String transitionName = decisionHandler.decide(executionContext);
  | transition = getLeavingTransition(transitionName);
  | if (transition == null) {
  |           throw new JbpmException("decision '" + name + "' selected non existing transition '" + transitionName + "'");
  | }

which prevents later code from running:

 if (transition == null) {
  |          transition = getDefaultLeavingTransition();
  |         log.debug("decision didn't select transition, taking default " + transition);
  | }

Was this intentionally taken away? Is there a way to accomplish the same behavior, which is to default the "default" transition if the DecisionHandler doesn't evaluate?

                                Thanks,
                                John

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196307#4196307

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196307