[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: custom portal + css images

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 12:49:30 EST 2008

You can package a theme in a war file with a layout like:

mytheme.war
  | + mystyles.css
  | + WEB-INF/
  |    + portal-themes.xml
  |    + web.xml
  | + images/
  |    + mylogo.gif
  |    + myicon.ico
  |    + <lots more images>

The web.xml file is empty (just ) and the portal-themes.xml file contains:

<themes>
  |   <theme>
  |     <name>mytheme</name>
  |     <link rel="stylesheet" id="main_css" href="/mystyles.css" type="text/css"/>
  |     <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/images/myicon.ico"/>
  |   </theme>
  | </themes>

In addition placing your theme under jboss-portal.sar/portal-core.war/themes is also acceptable, as long as you add the theme name to jboss-portal.sar/portal-core.war/WEB-INF/portal-themes.xml.

(Based on your post, I think you have done the above steps.)

If you want to use your theme as the default theme, you also need to change several files - do a search for the term "renaissance". Note, however, that you need to do this *before* you run the portal for the first time. If you have already run the portal, the best way to switch it to using your theme is to make that change in the management portlet.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126292#4126292

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126292