[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Named conversation and new instance redirected to Home?

enda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 4 12:52:12 EST 2008

I also thank you for the  feedback so I tried this:

  |                      <h:commandLink
  |                            styleClass="left clearBoth"
  |                            action="#{teamManager.select(teamItem)}" value="select">
  |                            <s:conversationName value="teamHome"/>
  |                            <s:conversationPropagation type="join" />
  |                       </h:commandLink>

And it does not work, because then the navigation does not work.
I click the entry in table I want to edit and it does not redirect at all, method is called, but view stays in table. I think that to use <s:conversationPropagation type="join" /> I have to be inside a long-runnig conversation but I am not when I am in table page.

Solution Problem 1. manually join conversations (exactly as you said problem is with different stage of life-cycle) - But I would buy a better solution ;D

Solution Problem 2.
a)Either End conversation and create new one
b)Rename conversation in session bean
c)Assign unique id to a session bean for all its life (in this case 'new')

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4126294#4126294

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4126294