[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: loosing seam initialization (in particular injection) wh

cyberanto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 6 12:42:12 EST 2008

Thanks Pete, Component.getInstance() works.

I still have an issue where a (legacy) DAO is returning a list of e.g. CatalogModel and the user selects one. With JSF, it is easy to set the backing bean to a particular object. The equivalent method in Seam, Context.set(name, object) sets the object, but does not initialize it as a Seam component.

I have started to look at your source code, have not yet found the salient point where an object returned by the EntityManager is turned into a Seam Bean.

What am I missing?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4127109#4127109

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4127109