[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How can i get client's ip

gnn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 27 05:06:17 EST 2008

Hi, i need to get client's ip in portlet, and all my tries failed :(
If we use servlet, it's easy - ((ServletRequest)FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest()).getRemoteAddr();

Other try - Instead of getRemoteAddr(), i used getRemoteUser() cause the first one does not exists for PortletRequest but it return null.

so from portlet all my research said - mission imposible.

Does anyone found a solution ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132429#4132429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132429