[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: How to configure visual editor

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 09:33:41 EST 2008

anonymous wrote :
  | It seems you are asking about multiple things here.
  |
  | 1) You ask about how to setup css rendering, but also says it just works for you so i'm unsure what is your problem in this context ?

Yes - probably true.  I included the CSS config in my description because it was the only element of the Page Design Options that I configured in a way that actually made any change in the visual rendering of the page.

I would note that none of the RichFaces components used on the screen are rendered with proper styles (e.g. a "panel header" is rendered with the default grey background while our app configures a custom "skin" which should cause the header to render with a green background).  I did not mention this in the original since I assume that this is just not possible/practical in eclipse since these styles are computed at run time by the rich faces runtime (yes?).

Done: http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE-1575

anonymous wrote :
  | 3) WYSIWYG rendering of your own tags. JSF components does not have a "preview" mode builtin so for each component we have to define such a mode and that is done via .vpe template files. We haven't exposed a public api for that yet but if you want to digg into it search for .vpe in our plugins and you can find examples on how to do it.

My tags are not custom JSF components - they are simple Facelet compositions -- e.g. here's the implementation of our "outputCurrency" tag. If custom taglibs such as these are not supported by the VPE, what exactly does the URI/Prefix section of the Page Design Options page configure?

Taglib definition:

  | <!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  |   "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  |   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/faces-taglib_1_0.dtd">
  |
  | <facelet-taglib>
  |    <namespace>http://mydomain.com/jsf/myproject</namespace>
  |    <tag>
  |       <tag-name>inputCurrency</tag-name>
  |       <source>facelets/tags/inputCurrency.xhtml</source>
  |    </tag>

Tag source:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116730#4116730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116730