[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Accent

Chloe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 08:09:32 EST 2008

Hi,
I use jboss-4.0.5.GA and jboss-seam-1.2.1.GA.

I want to do a search of member in my website.
I want to compare input parameters with the members name (in the database) without any accent in order to have more results in this query.

To sum up, I want to search for string in EJB-QL, but without a perfect match on characters with accent. I want a "é"(acute accent or grave accent) to be searched as a "e".

I found in O'Reilly documentation only these functions (to format string) :
- LOWER(String);
- UPPER(String);
- TRIM([[LEADING | TRAILING | BOTH] [trim_char] FROM] String);
- CONCAT(String1, String2);
- LENGTH(String);
- LOCATE(String1, String2 [, start]);
- SUBSTRING(String1, start, length).

Is there a function which remove accent or replace it in EJB-QL ?

Thank you !

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117893#4117893

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117893