[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - HTTP Status 403 - logging with another role causes error

neglli@gmx.de do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 05:55:39 EST 2008

hi evereybody!

we are using different roles in our project: child and parent. for the parents site only parents should have access to the secured pages.

we are using form-based authentication.

when i log in with a user, that is not registered in our db, everything works fine and I am redirected to the login-error-page. when i log in as parent, also everything works fine and i am getting access to the secured page.

but when i log in as child (which is a proper defined role), i a not redirected to the login-error-page..

why? what do i have to change?

the relating passage of web.xml looks like this:

<!-- security -->
<security-constraint>
	<display-name>SaferWebSecurity</display-name>
	<web-resource-collection>
	<web-resource-name>
               SecureResource
        </web-resource-name>
	<url-pattern>/forwardPage.iface</url-pattern>
	<http-method>GET</http-method>
		<http-method>POST</http-method>
	</web-resource-collection>
	<auth-constraint>
		<role-name>P</role-name>
	</auth-constraint>
</security-constraint>

<login-config>
	<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
	<form-login-config>
		<form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
		<form-error-page>/loginError.html</form-error-page>
	</form-login-config>
</login-config>

<security-role>
	Parent