[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Wildcard for pages action

mmichalek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 10:13:46 EST 2008

Thanks.  JIRA opened: http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-2481

Two other quick things on this:
1) One thing that surprised me when I first used Seam navigation was that you cannot define navigation cases based on the outcome of an action.  I know that rules can operate on outcomes, but I like to define navigation cases based on a known action and then have rules which inspect the state within that case.  (Otherwise I get strange behavior where a user can back up and click through a wizard using any links because the state to satisfy the rules in still in the conversation).

Here's a code snippet that demonstrates what I mean (in Pages.navigate).  Does something like this make sense in general for Seam?

  |         Navigation navigation = page.getNavigations().get(actionExpression);
  |         if (navigation==null)
  |         {
  |           // New Code here:
  |           if (actionOutcomeValue != null) {
  |             navigation = page.getNavigations().get(actionOutcomeValue);
  |           }

2) For anyone interested in doing something like this, you can always provide a custom "org.jboss.seam.navigation.pages" component.  For example, I have:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118699#4118699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118699