[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Strange behaviour of Seam Mail when sending unsynchonized as

MSchmidke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 10:14:28 EST 2008

Hello,

as you can see, I am digging deeper into the Seam Mail thing.

By now, I have a POJO Seam component, event scoped, with an @Asynchronous method send(), which sends a mail (by calling renderer.render).

>From the application, this method is called twice one immediately after the other.

This results in some strange behaviour (and no mails being sent).

It seems I solved this by adding "@Synchronized" to the component (since it is a timing issue, I can never be really sure ...)

But I have a question:

Obviously when called two times simultaneously, the one renderer interferes with the other. In my mail class I could solve this by synchronizing it, but what about the front page renderer? If accidentally in the same moment a mail is rendered also a page is rendered?

Will I have some very random-caused irreproducible strange problems in the future?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118700#4118700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118700