[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Retrieving credentials from session for single-sign-on.

dpaterson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 14 17:25:12 EST 2008

I have a simple portlet which I use to post to another web application in a new browser window.

The portal username and password are posted to the other application providing single-sign-on into the other web application.

I have this working in another portal vendor but now I need to integrate into JBOSS Portal. Are there API hooks in JBOSS Portal 2.6 where this information can be retrieved?

I have an interface CredentialProvider which has three methods:
   public String getUsername() throws Exception;
  |    public String getPassword() throws Exception;
  |    public void createContext(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response, PortletContext pContext)throws Exception;

What I need to do is implement a JBOSS Portal specific implementation of this interface which my portlet will then instantiate via reflection.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119834#4119834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119834