[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Update exiting BLOB does not work

CarstenRudat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 03:42:30 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have tested this with Hibernate directly.

a) If I set the blob while my entity (Signature) is attached to a EntityManager-Session, my new blob will be updated to the database

b) If I set the blob while it is not attached, then reattache to a new session and calling a EntityManager.merge(signature) the blob will not be updatet to the database.

Is a) the only way to update a blob? If I create a new Signature with a Blob (not attached) and call EntityManager.perist(signature), my blob will also be inserted. So, why does update causes these problems?

Thanks,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4120316#4120316

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4120316