[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to set EndTask transition dynamically

jneubert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 05:31:33 EST 2008

In my JSF tasklist, I use a dynamic list of possible transitions:

  |   <rich:dataTable value="#{task.availableTransitions}" var="transition" >
  |     <h:column>
  |       <s:button action="#{taskList.executeTask(transition.name)}" taskInstance="#{task}"
  |       value="#{transition.name}" propagation="none" />
  |     </h:column>
  |   </rich:dataTable>

The Task should be executed by a generic action method:

  |   @Name("taskList")
  |   public class TaskList {
  |
  |     @StartTask @EndTask
  |     public void executeTask(String transitionName) {
  |       transition.setName(transitionName);
  |     }
  |   }

The transition dataTable is correctly displayed, but when I press the button for one of the transitions, transitionName in executeTask is an empty String. From the docs I understand that the transition.name is resolved after pressing the button. But settings propagation="join" results in a complaint about a running conversation.

Can somebody help me to find a way which works?

Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4122555#4122555

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4122555