[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Using rich:datascroller With Seam and Hibernate Paginati

neilac333 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 11:02:53 EST 2008

Thanks, Alexander.  I actually caught that before.  It is true that the approach you directed me to isn't the same as writing my own component, but man is it a lot of code!

Besides, even if I were to create my own DataModel, I am currently using the @DataModel and @DataModelSelection annotations in the context of a conversation, and I don't know how that process works with my own DataModel.  I suppose I can outject my own DataModel like any other object, but how can I get the selection into the conversational context in an easy way?

It seems to me easier to just add my own navigation buttons and allow the user to page through the results that way.  After all, most of the logic for handling that is in my Seam component.

I would appreciate any insight into some alternative approaches that others may have tried would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123086#4123086

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123086