[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Upgrading deployed workflow tasks to the new version

epaquette75 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 24 11:01:34 EST 2008

Is there a way to upgrade deployed workflow tasks to the new version of the workflow. I don't want to use multiple versions of the same workflow.

For example, if the deployed workflow pattern goes like:

A -> B -> C

I would like to upgrade the deployed tasks so that it goes:

A -> C -> D

where B tasks would go to A or C using to new version of the workflow.

We have documents that may be in the workflow for many months. Sometimes policies change on how they are to be processed. If the policies grandfather the existing documents, then leaving them in the older workflow version is fine. However, the policies may very well dictate that they be moved to the new flow and continue through it. We need to be prepared for that situation so that we can support it.

Thanks in advance

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123085#4123085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123085