[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: ManagedConnectionFactory.setLogger

iit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 25 10:37:59 EST 2008

"adrian at jboss.org" wrote : "iit" wrote : And, by the way, here is a snippet from the javadocs of http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/javax/resource/spi/ManagedConnectionFactory.html#setLogWriter(java.io.PrintWriter)
  |   |
  |   | When a ManagedConnectionFactory object is created the log writer is initially null, in other words, logging is disabled. Once a log writer is associated with a ManagedConnectionFactory, logging and tracing for ManagedConnectionFactory instance is enabled.
  |   |
  |   | So if you set it, logging is enabled. And that's WRONG!
  |
  | And the bit you didn't quote...
  | which can be overridden by ApplicationServer using ManagedConnection.setLogWriter to set ManagedConnection specific logging and tracing.
  |
  | Which on JBoss is log4j configuration by default.

Which just shows that you don't read what you quote. Here is the complete sentence:

The ManagedConnection instances created by ManagedConnectionFactory "inherits" the log writer, which can be overridden by ApplicationServer using ManagedConnection.setLogWriter to set ManagedConnection specific logging and tracing.

To clearify it for you: It means that if you set a log writer at the ManagedConnectionFactory, it will be passed from the factory to the ManagedConnection instance (= the instance inherits it from the factory). It is possible, however, that the app server overwrites the log writer at the ManagedConnection.

It has nothing to do with the fact that it is a bug to set a log writer.

And thanks that you've clearified your business model to me. You introduce bugs and want that users pay to fix it. Nice.

And yes, we will try to convince our customers to get out of JBoss. Bye.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123537#4123537

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123537