[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Restrict on POJOs?

EricJava do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 26 20:27:19 EST 2008

Looking at the Seam documentation, it says:

anonymous wrote : Javabeans may be used just like a stateless or stateful session bean. However, they do not provide the functionality of a session bean (declarative transaction demarcation, declarative security, efficient clustered state replication, EJB 3.0 persistence, timeout methods, etc).

And yet, in the Seam examples, such as wiki/src/main/org/jboss/seam/wiki/core/action/UserHome.java and wiki/src/main/org/jboss/seam/wiki/core/action/NodeHistory.java we see a @Restrict annotation used on a POJO.

What's the deal?  Are the docs wrong, or are the examples wrong, or am I misunderstanding this?

This is quite important for me because I need to put @Restrict annotations on basically all the components in my app, to go with a detailed rules file to define who can do what to what.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4123791#4123791

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4123791