[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: How to authenticate to the JBoss server from a desktop (

Marcos_APS do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 4 07:26:23 EDT 2008

I changed the login module that I was using from this (my custom login module):

jaas.config
  | login
  | {
  | br.urca.www.laboratorioinformatica.seguranca.jboss.ModuloLoginFuncionarios required;
  | };

to this:

jaas.config
  | login
  | {
  | org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule required;
  | };

Now I'm able to login 'normally' using loginContext.login(). But JBoss is now accepting any user I pass in and I suppose this is really not a good thing at the point of security. I would like to keep using my custom login module as I use in the web application, but there's the issue of the InitialContext that can't find the JNDI configuration from the client application.

Please, can someone help me with this issue, to find a solution to this. I would accept a workaround if it doesn't compromise the security of my web application, because the login module is also used by the web application. This issue is of paramount importance to me.

Thank you very much.

Marcos

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4162521#4162521

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4162521