[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Need help configuring JMS with default messaging

sherter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 22 17:48:31 EDT 2008

I think what I have here is simply a terminology issue.  I currently work with WebSphere 6.0/6.1 and have an EAR file with three message driven beans in it and a web component.  It works fine in WebSphere.  I have figured out how to get the JNDI entries for the databases created but I can't figure out how to get the JMS portion set up.

I have found out how to get the initial end points created (I think).  What I can't find is how to create the JNDI entries for the Queue Connection Factory and for the Queue.  I have spent the last day and a half doing searches and can't find these terms used.  I also tried searching on javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory and javax.jms.Queue but didn't get anything that looked like an initial connection/installation.

Also, in WebSphere 6.0/6.1 there is a service bus that I can't find the equivilant for in JBoss, it figured in the Queue setup in WebSphere and there was an ActivationSpecification for the MDBs.  I can't find out how this translates or if it does.  I have found how to set up the deployment descriptor for the EJBs, but not how to set up what those entries reference in JBoss.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166003#4166003

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166003