[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Unable to stop jboss server

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 24 15:48:49 EDT 2008

Let's first determine if the app server is really starting. Based on what you have posted, I do not think it is. Either that, or you are not waiting long enough for the app server to initialize before trying to stop it.

I assume you used the bin/jboss_init_redhhat.sh script as the basis for /etc/init.d/jboss. Did you make any changes to that file? If so, what changes?

Did you set JBOSS_CONSOLE? If you did, please post the contents of the log. If not, then jboss_init_redhhat.sh redirects the console log to /dev/nul. In which case you could look for the logs at server/default/log. But don't post them - they are too big. Instead, look in server.log for a message that says "started in xxx second".

You did create a "jboss" account, right? Have you tried logging in as that account and running the app server using bin/run.sh? You reall need to do that first before attempting to start it the way you did. This way any problems will be apparent in the console log.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166499#4166499

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166499