[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Host name issue while deploying WebService

rohit.macherla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 03:55:37 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a WebService created as a .war file with the implementation class developed in Java and properly annotated. When I deploy the War file, i.e., when I put the WAR file in the /server/default/deploy folder, the WSDL is generated automatically and is in the location /data/wsdl/<app-name>.

But this WSDL has the SOAP:ADDRESS field as something like this :

http://STD42S15.tndsdc.bsnl.co.in:8080/CompositeWebServiceForServiceOrder/CompositeWebServiceForServiceOrderService

The problem is with the hostname. JBoss 4.2.2.GA is the version that I am using and it is installed on HP-UX platform. When I get the hostname of the server by typing the "hostname" in the Unix window, I get only :
STD42S15

According to our server admin, the fully qualified name "STD42S15.tndsdc.bsnl.co.in" is present only in the DNS names config.

I want my WebService to be generated with the SOAP:ADDRESS :
http://STD42S15:8080/CompositeWebServiceForServiceOrder/CompositeWebServiceForServiceOrderService

I mean without the .tndsdc.bsnl.co.in

When I change the jboss-service.xml entry of the following :

anonymous wrote :

  |       <!-- The Bind address and Port -->
  |       ${jboss.bind.address}
  |       8083
  |       <!--  The address to use for the host portion of the RMI codebase URL -->
  |       STD42S15
  |       <!-- Should non-EJB .class files be downloadable -->

 I thought the problem would be resolved, but it hasn't. Whenever I start the server, from the logs i can see that the bind.address is still "STD42S15.tndsdc.bsnl.co.in". I thought 0.0.0.0 would be the bind address as i start my server using the command

anonymous wrote :  ./run.sh -b 0.0.0.0

Any help on how to change the default host name would be appreciated.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166577#4166577

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166577