[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: How do I empty a JBoss queue?

asaur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 15:33:12 EDT 2008

I have the same situation, meaning sometimes I'd like to remove some messages that are under delivery.

The problem is that, in my environment, we are forced to sometimes boot one of our machines (clients) in production without stopping Jboss (which is acting like a message server). This seems to be a big problem, because when I start the client again and it connects with a new connection, the older messages aren't consumed and are lost in the "delivery queue" forever. Worst of all, the NEW messages (in this case I couldn't care less for the old messages, since the client crashed) that should be delivered immediately now that the client is back, are stuck somewhat and takes a lot of seconds (sometimes a minute) to be delivered.

So I'd like to delete all the old messages and the only way to do that is stopping the messaging server (Jboss) and starting it again, as I deployed a war that does the cleanup in all queues I have.

Perhaps I'm doing something really stupid (sorry, I'm new to JMS) and this problem could be solved using another type of persistence, one that automatically deletes the messages whenever a client (or the server, for that matter) goes down.

Any help will be welcomed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166748#4166748

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166748