[jboss-user] [J2EE Design Patterns] - Help Me Design...

gecko_dave do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 28 10:01:37 EDT 2008

Hello and thank you for reading.

I am currently creating an EJB3 stateless session bean for a project.  The bean loads the Apache Axis2 Web services library.  The bean will be used to interact with a SOAP service and return various results to a web app.

First of all, does that makes sense for a design?

The problem I am seeing now is that the axis2 library takes a second to load for each instantiation.  I create each axis2 client in the @PostConstruct of my bean.  Each time a client request comes in, it has to load a new bean and it's pretty slow in creating the client.  I'd like to be able to pre-load the beans in a pool and to draw from that.  Is there some way to set a minimum bean size pool?

Any ideas as to how I can improve this process?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4167050#4167050

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4167050