[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: parametrizing

beep_beep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 04:05:33 EDT 2008

Sorry, I'm a new and so absolutely ignorant in what supposed to be clear to you!

What do you mean, when you tell:

"attributes" of node?
"attributes" of cache?
"attributes" of the cache factory?

You said that K,V - it's types of key and value of attributes of those respected 3 players.

Ok,

1)
could you, please , clarify, how can I know, what type of attributes will be used by me in Node for example?

If in Node it's approximately clear, because node is analog to Map, then in Cache is absolutely unclear to me, because Cache may have several attributes of several different types? No?
Cache Factory also?

Consider I have Node, that I decided to parametrize  <String, Nana>, because I need save several Nanas with key-String, it's clear.

But, what is Cache parameters?
In entire cache  I have different nodes, how could I know what is better for cache?

2)
I do not understand at all, why you chose Node as a controlled unit of work(configurable evictions on node level, not on level of node's entries in map(node.put(...))), suppose I created a node to save a Map of objects, if I manage eviction by maxNodes=10, but I have this 1 node, I will never reach max, but map of objects in Node will grow and at the end will go out of memory. So Why Node is last controllable limit, why not amount of objects in node's map?

3) I do node.removeChild(..) and in JMX console I see, that number of nodes did not change. although this method returns TRUE, so I can assume node was removed?

Thanks!!!!!!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155572#4155572

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155572