[jboss-user] [Remoting] - ejb access to 4.2.2 server from 4.0.3 client - compatibility

dvdpurcell do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 17:26:30 EDT 2008

Hello,
We're trying to access an ejb(2) deployed on a jboss 4.2.2 server from a client on jboss 4.0.3SP1.   According to: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBossVersionCompatibilityMatrix,  'you must use the legacy rmi invokers' in this case.  We weren't sure how to do that, but digging into some jboss remoting jira tickets, we saw that testers for these compatibility issues where basically replacing unified-invoker references with rmi-invoker references in their standardjboss.xml file (basically replacing the 4.2.2's standardjboss.xml with that from 4.0.3).  Trying that, it worked in some instances, but we've now come across this error:

java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return; nested exception is: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.invocation.JBossLazyUnmarshallingException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)

I fear I'm barking up the wrong tree.  Anyone know how to go about 'you must use the legacy rmi invokers'?  Does that actually mean substituting the jboss-remoting jar with an older version?

Thanks in advance,

David

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155816#4155816

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155816