[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss/Java is consuming CPU on Linux

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 4 17:38:08 EDT 2008

I think that the slowdown in Windows is because the NTFS is significantly slower than than ext3, which means that on Windows the app server spends more time waiting for the multitude of jar jar files to load. At least that is my guess. On my dual-boot system at home it takes jbossas 1/2 the time to boot on Linux as it does on Windows.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you can do to get jbossas to use less cpu time during startup. Other than waiting for the file system to load jars or read xml config files, and waiting on the odd network query (you can browse through the forums to see who has had issues with that), most of the time is spent in purep rocessing as it initializes the boatload of services.

On a multi-processor system, you could limit jbossas to using only one of the processors. That would leave the other processors available to do other things.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4155818#4155818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4155818