[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Transactions Question: Subsequent calls the method fail due

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 12 10:45:29 EDT 2008

I have a stateless bean method that calls
           em.createNativeQuery(sql).executeUpdate();

I call it from another method in the same SLSB in a loop.  If, for example the first call fails, then all subsequent calls fail with this error:

javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: Executing an update/delete query

Am I required to do something to "clean-up" the first error?  I thought the REQUIRES_NEW transaction annotation would start over with a clean slate so to speak.

Please advise.

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
public int runStatement(String sql) throws Exception
{
try {
	return em.createNativeQuery(sql).executeUpdate();
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
	log.error(....);
	throw(ex);
}
}

also: The calling method catches the re-thrown exception.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157702#4157702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157702